Programmer Personality Test

I saw this referenced on Steve Pietrek's blog.  It's a test similar to the Myers-Briggs personality test.  Like Steve, my result was DHSC, which mostly seems right to me.  The only one that I might quibble with is Conservative (The less code you write, the less chance there is of it containing a bug. You write short and to the point code that gets the job done efficiently) as opposed to Liberal (Programming is a complex task and you should use white space and comments as freely as possible to help simplify the task. We're not writing on paper anymore so we can take up as much room as we need.)  I definitely believe in writing the minimum amount of code to get the job done, but I also strongly believe in well formatted code with good use of white space and proper layout.  As for comments, as I've told several colleagues, if I wrote a comment, you should read it because it's important.   Take the test yourself and find your type.

0 comments: (+add yours?)