MSDN Event

I attended the quarterly MSDN event in Beavercreek today.  As normal, Bill Steele was  presenting and was his normally entertaining self.  There were three sessions.  The first covered LINQ.  And even though I've seen about a million LINQ sessions, I still found it to be a good overview.  I'm looking forward to LINQ being in production.  The second session regarding WCF was mostly review for me, but was still a solid session.  In the last session, Bill covered Silverlight, with demos using both 1.0 and 1.1.  Silverlight seems very cool, but I'm not sure it's going to be useful for real business applications any time soon.  The biggest issue seems to be that it supports only a small subset of what is available in WPF, which will make it difficult to create applications that work in both WPF and Silverlight.

For those of you closer to Cincinnati, you'll be happy to hear that the next MSDN event in the area will be in Mason, near both the Microsoft office and Max Technical Training.   The event will be Tuesday November 27.  You can register here.

0 comments: (+add yours?)