Magic Bit Bucket in the Sky

The Magic Bit Bucket in the Sky is apparently one place your data access layer can get data from. At least according to Brian Prince it is. He did his Networking for Nerds presentation tonight at the Dayton .NET Developers Group. I missed this presentation at a few previous user group meetings and events, so I was glad to get a chance to see it tonight. Mostly it was review of stuff I've run across previously, but it's always good to hear about a topic that's outside your normal every day work. He also presented things quite clearly, which will hopefully help some topics stick in my mind a little better. He talked about LANs, WANs, hubs, routers, switches, the seven ISO layers, DHCP, DNS, etc. If you want a refresher on what you should know about networking, I'd recommend this presentation if you get a chance to see it.

0 comments: (+add yours?)